This is one of my favourite Asian recipes by Donna Hay, it’s quick to make and has enough spice to suit everyone. Add some greens like bok choy or Edamame beans for a side dish.
450g fresh egg noodles or Singapore noodles
500g pork mince
1/4 cup (15g) fresh breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
1/4 cup (60ml) hoisin sauce
1/2 cup (75g) sesame seeds
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, sliced
3 long red chillies, seeds removed and sliced
1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions and set aside.
- Place the pork, breadcrumbs, ginger and hoisin in a bowl and mix to combine. Shape tablespoons of mixture into balls and roll in sesame. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 6-8 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Wipe out the pan with absorbent paper and add the sesame oil, garlic and chilli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles, oyster sauce, stock and meatballs and toss to heat through.
- Divide between bowls and top with coriander to serve.